Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Tuesday 17 May 2016

The Tickled Pink blanket....



Why is this called the Tickled Pink blanket?  Apart from the obvious fact that 99% of it is various shades of pink:
  1. I learned how to crochet a new granny square
  2. I learned how to crochet a new edging
  3. I used up some of my shocking pink yarn
  4. I managed to sneak in some grey
  5. I finished it!!
The new granny square is the Not So Square Granny by Bob Wilson and I added the link to the brilliant video tutorial in a previous blog post.  I will definitely use this square again in future as it is so pretty.

The edging is the Attic24 Bobble-shell Edging by Lucy. This is another great tutorial with some very helpful photos.  It is a quick and easy edging and most crocheters would fly along with it.  However, I made things difficult for myself because I was using two strands of yarn held together.  That meant that, at one point in each cluster, I had eight strands of yarn on my hook!  This slowed me down a lot.  It would obviously be a much easier with one strand of yarn and I will definitely use this edging again.  A lot of people commented on Lucy's page that this is a great edging for a baby blanket.  I think that is probably because there is something for baby fingers to wrap around but no holes to trap them.


I vastly overestimated how much shocking pink yarn I would need for the rounds and the edging.  Consequently, I still have miles of it left to use on more blankets. That will not be a problem.  I like the colour when it is used in small amounts.

This blanket has gone off to SIBOL from where the busy Sue will include it in her next delivery of blankets to a care home for the elderly somewhere in the UK.

What is there to do when a blanket is finished?  Well, I could start another one.  So I will, though it will probably take longer as the summer months are always busy for me.  Watch this space...


11 comments:

  1. Im sure your Tickled Pink blanket will be much appreciated. Like the edging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of i! I like the use of the pink and grey together - and the shocking pink makes it special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always great to learn some new skills! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another blanket filled with love that will be loved! That gentle edging will be good for older hands too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blanket! Lovely colours and indeed, the bright pink colour is perfect if you don't use it too much. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the way the colors play with each other. You have a good eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT looks fantastic, way to go using up your yarn and learning new things.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blanket, Una, and love the name. I'm tickled for you that it turned out so pretty. Someone is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's turned out lovely Una and it's ticket so many boxes too, someone is going to love it. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a neat blanket, and the flashes of bright pink in there really make it! Thanks for the links. I don't crochet much anymore b/c it makes my thumbs hurt, but it's good to have good tutorials and recommended stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Una your tickled pink blanket is beautiful filled with lots of love I did a similar one multi coloured but without a border

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.