This hat looks 100% better in real life! I had some variegated yarn left after finishing my recent blanket and, as usual, didn't want to "put it back in the bag". So I knitted a hat to fit a toddler. I had a tiny amount of matching plain pink yarn and thought this was the perfect opportunity to use it up. There was enough for the 8 rows of ribbing and also to insert a very subtle single round every nine rounds in the main body of the hat. These contrast rounds barely show up in the photo. You can just about see one on the left side of the hat above the ribbing. But I am very pleased at how they look and will do this again with another hat.
I added the hat to the parcel of goodies that I have just sent off to Operation Orphan for their Keep A Child Warm campaign. That is 4 scarves, 8 hats and a jumper out of my home and on their way to keep someone warm.
I managed to use up every last scrap of the plain pink yarn. I love it when that happens. However, I still have some of the variegated yarn left and just had to put it away. I'm all pinked out for now and have started a little project in blue...more about that soon.