Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Friday 11 September 2015

The last 50g...




I recently knitted some preemie items and had just 50g of white 4ply yarn left.  My 4ply mojo returned and I paired it with 50g of cream 4ply to knit these two hats. Combining the two colours produced a lovely shade of pale banana.  The white was a baby yarn and the cream was ordinary yarn.  Together they made a texture just right for a toddler.

I followed the easy Be Loving pattern which is really for Aran weight yarn, but 4ply doubled works just as well.  The pattern comes in many sizes from toddler to adult and I can definitely recommend it as well written, simple and quick.  I managed to make two toddler size hats with just a tiny amount of yarn left.  I think there might be enough to make bootees or pompoms.  Nothing is ever wasted here!

NB: there is a reason why my posts are a bit on the short side this month.  All will be revealed in a couple of weeks time!

7 comments:

  1. Well done on finishing up your 4 ply! Lovely hats, I must try that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, great use of leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Now you can move on to something else fun! Hope that you have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute hats. I love the fact they are pale yellow!! Lovely knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always amazed at how well you know yarn. You really understand the weight, the size of the yarn, and how to adjust it to make it work in a pattern. That's one area I'm very weak in. All those terms -- Aran, 4-ply, etc., are a mystery to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments. My many decades of knitting are why I can judge things so well. My crochet is still on a learning curve!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.