Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 28 March 2015

Another Teddy glove puppet....



I have some yellow yarn to use up.  I'm not keen on wearing yellow and, for that reason, don't make yellow hats or scarves etc.  If I'm not prepared to wear it, then I can't really inflict it on anybody else!  

But this colour is perfect for teddy bear glove puppets.  I have knitted lots of these in the past and, luckily, I printed off the pattern a long time ago.  Every time I look for it on the Internet it has moved.  It's latest location is on Pinterest here.

The puppet looks a bit wonky in the photo.  But it looks good on a human hand.  I think this one is for a great niece who I will be visiting for the first time in June.  She is 4 years old but lives in another country so I have never met her before.

This is an easy knitting pattern as it is all garter stitch.  One puppet uses up just 19g of double knit yarn.  That means I have three more puppets to make, unless I can think of another use for yellow yarn.  Any ideas?  Please!!


9 comments:

  1. How about a duck puppet, or an Easter Bunny puppet? For patterns, see http://puppetystuff.blogspot.co.uk/p/patterns.html. Nice teddy, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link. There are some interesting patterns there and I also like the friendship bracelet as I happen to have some spare embroidery cotton.

      Delete
  2. I love the puppet you knitted it so cute and you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable knitted bear, Una!
    She looks very cute in yellow!
    Thanks for sharing, have a wonderful weekend!
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is adorable.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's lovely Una your great niece will love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really cute. I admire the way you're always determined to use up yarns, you always end up making something interesting that someone can enjoy, even if the yarn wasn't right for other projects. That's a really great thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cute! The yellow yarn was perfect for this project. I am sure your great niece will be happy to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.