Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Saturday 2 August 2014

Second pair of shorts....


Here is another pair of shorts for boys aged 2-3 years.  I reused another old t-shirt.  I'm a bit bemused and maybe a bit flattered that one of my baggy t-shirts has only enough material to fit a toddler.  My paper pattern piece for shorts for 4 year olds is just slightly too big.

I had a Eureka moment and sewed in a little ribbon to show the back of the waistband. 


I recently bought a bargain job lot of ribbon and obviously it included a duff one.  This was a wide piece of black ribbon which I know I will never use......except for a project like this.  I simply cut a piece of ribbon, folded it in half and sewed the raw edges into the waistband.  The idea isn't rocket science, but I was stupidly pleased when I thought of it.  A little boy can find the back of his shorts and I found a way to use my black ribbon!

These shorts will eventually join a few others and go off to a children's charity. 


3 comments:

  1. Lovely shorts Una and a great idea for the ribbon, it's amazing how we find a use for all the little bits we accumulate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these eureka moments too :) Great idea because kids always look for that tag! Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea and you could use the tab as a hanging hook!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.