Here is a photo of my latest project: the Jana vest. The photo is a bit washed out as it is late at night. I thought the holey pattern might show up better in artificial light. In an earlier post, I canvassed opinions about whether or not I should knit the cable pattern on the back. The "ayes" won and, as you can see, the cable pattern is now on the back. I've reached and passed the armholes. I mentally allowed myself until the end of January to complete the back so I am pleased at how quickly this is knitting up.
I would have finished the back already but for a major frogging episode. The cable pattern is a 32 row repeat. I was well into the third repeat when I realised that the very first cable in the first repeat was going in the wrong direction. I tried to live with it but couldn't. I want people to look at the back of this vest and say "wow!" not "oops" So I had to rip out right back to the ribbing. But I'm really glad I did. It is a very complicated pattern but looks stunning...... when it is done right (!)
This will be my New Year knitting project....or one of them. I will still knit and make things for my favourite charities. As well as that, I desperately need some new jumpers and have decided to try to knit them myself instead of buying mass-produced knitwear. 2014 could be an interesting year!
Happy New Year to all my readers.........