Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 20 November 2013

I had a dream....

......I also had a very uninspiring collection of brown yarn scraps left over from previous projects.  Then one night recently I had a dream that clearly showed a hat knitted with these scraps.  I wasn't sure I had enough yarn.  But I pressed on and here is the finished hat:



There are actually 3 different shades of brown in this hat.  My camera couldn't capture the contrasting stripe properly.  It is a lovely shade of pale tweedy brown.  For some reason my photos showed it as either grey or mauve....which it definitely isn't.  I love the colour and I used every last scrap of it.  The top stripe is a darker brown than the other stripes.  I was knitting by artificial light and didn't even notice the difference until I looked at it in the daylight.  It doesn't matter in this hat, but could have been a minor catastrophe in something else.

I'm pleased with the way this turned out.  This will fit a child up to age 3 or 4 and it will eventually go to one of the charities I knit for. It was very quick to knit and I have knitted this pattern many times before.  Here is the pattern.


*****My Fair Trade giveaway is open until November 28th.  See here for more details.*****

6 comments:

  1. What a brilliant dream. Mine are usually about dropping stitches or wool running away from me. What a very cosy hat. Brilliant and a stash buster to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great hat, and I love it that you actually had a dream showing you the colours to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great little hat that will keep some small child warm and made from all your scraps, recycling at it's best. Lovely job Una x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it. The stripes are cheerful and it looks nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic and thrifty as ever, Una! :) Looks toasty. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a lovely hat Una and an ideal one for charity makes it will be lovely and warm. We spend so much time crafting we do it our sleep too, I often dream about the things I am making, but I must say I've never had one advising me me on colour ways. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.