Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Wednesday 6 March 2013

My Liebster Award blog


I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by two bloggers which I find pretty amazing as my knitting blog has been going for only 3 months.

Terri at Cache-mire asked:


1.  What has been your favorite book to read?
  Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.
2.  If you could go back and meet your 20-year-old self, what one piece of advice would you give her?
 Don't take criticism too personally.
3.  Have you ever traveled outside the United States? If so, where?
England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, France, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Turkey, Greece, Germany, Austria, Belgium.
4.  How do you spend your quiet time?
 Knitting of course!
5.  What is your favorite activity and how do you feel when you are doing it?
I love to walk as it keeps me fit and gives me time to think.

6.  What is your greatest accomplishment?
Producing another human being.

7.  What has been your greatest adventure?
Climbing a mountain in Cumbria, getting lost in dreadful weather on the summit, and getting down again safely.

8.  If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?  Why?
Yorkshire as I feel at home there.  I think I must have lived there in a previous life.

9.  Name one thing still on your bucket list.
Visit Niagara Falls.

10. What do you most want to be remembered for?
Being a good mother and hopefully a good grandmother one day.

11. Why do you blog?
Initially to record my knitting projects.  But now it is to meet other similar bloggers and get inspiration.

The second blogger to nominate me was Busybusybeejay who asked:
Favourite room in the house.
My bedroom.
Are you a lark or an owl.
I suppose I'm a lark as I get up early.
Do you like cooking?
Sometimes.
favourite film?
Goodnight, Mister Tom.
Do you like shopping?
Not really, unless I'm in good company and we can chat over a coffee.
Travel plans for 2013?
Same as last year.....none.
Dinner partner?
Patrick Bronte so I can tell him to go easy on his 3 daughters and son.
Can you speak any languages other than english?
Average French.
Which month is your birthday?
August.
Do you have a favourite perfume?
Anais Anais.
Are you tidy/untidy?
Tidy.

Apparently I have to nominate 4 bloggers with fewer than 200 followers.  It was a difficult choice as I follow lots of very deserving blogs.  But, this time, I have chosen the following bloggers for their friendly and inspiring blogs:
Linda at Chalky's World
Jaqueline at Opening the Front Door

Just for fun, here are my 11 questions for my 4 nominees:

Which of the four seasons do you like best?
Do you exercise?
What is your "guilty pleasure" food?
What was the last item you knitted or crocheted?
When did you last buy wool or yarn?
Did you enjoy your school days?
If you could have only one, which would it be...dishwasher or microwave?
Do you follow any sports?
Do you have any pets?
Which is best....sea view or mountain view?
If your house or apartment had a name, what would it be?

  

4 comments:

  1. Hi Una
    Congrats and wish you all the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh well done on your well deserved award Una. Great to find out some more about you. Thanks for passing it on too!
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Una thank you for your award, Ive awarded it back to you actually too as I think you have a lovely blog, do fantastic things for others and are a really lovely "virtual" friend - so if you have a minute pop into my blog and answer some more questions xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Una, a big congratulations on your Liebster Award!
    Hugs,
    Beth P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.