Collage

Collage
Hello and thanks for visiting my blog. I have been knitting on and off for 50 years and I recently learned to crochet. I love looking for wool bargains and making them into something useful. I mainly knit for charity. I occasionally knit for myself and family members if I find a really good pattern or if they ask nicely!!

Tuesday 22 January 2013

Fanfare and drum roll: the jumper is finished....


This is the jumper I have been struggling with for the past 4 weeks.  I am hugely relieved to have finished it and even more relieved to throw the pattern into the recycling bin.  Luckily my daughter is slim and I could knit the smallest size.  I'm pleased at how it turned out  and it will be beautifully warm in this freezing spell of weather we are having at the moment.

My favourite part, and the only part I will ever repeat, is the v neck that I picked up and knitted on a circular needle.  I struggled with the instructions for that as well so I am currently in the process of writing a very detailed blog post about how I did it.  Watch this space............

6 comments:

  1. It's turned out lovely Una it looks really good on your daughter what a pretty girl, I bet she is really pleased with it, I think you are very good to have made something this size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Una - that looks lovely (daughter too!) I bought my first circular needle this morning - I am knitting a simple shawl and had run out of room on my needles. I am a pretty useless knitter (I do it for physio after chemo damaged my hands) but so enjoy it. Today I went to my knit and natter group and it really inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Una its great you are clever - would never contemplate a jumper myself eekk! tell your daughter she is very pretty

    Also Annabelle a big well done for you I really admire you trying knitting for physio - hope you continue with the knit and natter group xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww that's a really sweet sweater, the colour is gorgeous - well done you for getting it finished xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks fantastic. Sorry to hear you never developed love for the pattern. But, heck, I guess they can't all be our favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. You are a star.